Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hope for Any Situation

Are you discouraged?  Is there a really tough situation for you or a loved one today?

No matter what is going on in my life I gain hope when I spend time studying the Bible.

I was so encouraged to realize that God's ways and timing are perfect  - though  often they are  not my timing nor methods,  at all!

 Genesis chapter 48 taught me that Jacob,  or Israel as he was also known,   near the end of his life,
   had finally become a spiritually mature person.  God had patiently worked to mature him through years of sadness, sin, grief and trouble.

Hebrews 11:21  "...by faith...Jacob, when he was old and dying, blessed each of Joseph's sons and bowed in worship as he leaned on his staff."

He was focusing on God and His power and glory- not his own human strength or accomplishments.


In Genesis 48:3 he starts talking with his son Joseph this way  -  "...God Almighty appeared to me ...and blessed me."

Jacob had suffered a total loss of hope years earlier when it seemed his son Joseph was dead.
He lived with that grief for many years.

But  in God's perfect and mysterious time and ways,  he was reunited with his beloved son -- who ended up keeping Dad and family alive during a severe famine!

The horror of Joseph's seeming death was actually a vehicle God used to save the entire family later on!

I want to remember those facts about my own life and any loved ones who are going through times of suffering.

As Proverbs 3:5-6  says, may  I,  and you too  dear reader,  trust in the LORD with all our hearts.

May we  not  depend on our own puny,  human, imperfect understanding...or timing....or ways.

  May we  in EVERYTHING including seemingly hopeless situations,  acknowledge God.

May we  let Him direct our own paths as well,  as the paths of our loved ones.

Love to get your comments.

I'd also  be glad to   pray for  your situation.   And  share more encouraging thoughts from the Bible with you if you would like that.

Peacefully hoping in the LORD and His perfect,  yet mysterious ways!
Patty



PS  I am grateful for Through the Bible and J Vernon Mc Gee's teaching. I try to listen and study with him each day.  I am  going through the Bible with him - a 5 year plan.   His insights today on Genesis 48 and Hebrews 11  spurred me on to write this blog.
www.thruthebible.org

1 comment:

  1. Excellent. I still like J Vernon and occasionally hear him on the radio. :)

    ReplyDelete