Friday, July 8, 2011

Hope in Winning our Battles

Life is full of temptations - small and large - to make wrong choices.  Unpleasant consequences result - sometimes later  --if not sooner!





So where is my hope to improve in this?

I was so encouraged this morning to ponder how Jesus vs Eve resisted temptation.

Satan used Scripture - words of God - to tempt  both Eve and Jesus.
  But Eve fell for the lies of Satan.   Satan mixed lies with God's truth.  He still does that today to us.

  Jesus quoted back additional Scriptures to  Satan's twisted use of Scripture.    Jesus did the right thing instead of giving into what Satan tried to get him to do.   Jesus used the "whole council of God".

  The more I meditate, study, and memorize Scripture the more hope I will  have in winning the battles of life.

Feel free to  leave a comment to let me know you've visited here.
Even just a "hello" is fine!


Hope filled,
Patty

P S --I am thankful  to www.ttb.org for this morning's section of reading through the Bible in 5 years.
  Dr.  J Vernon McGee -Matthew 3:10-4:11

 www.ttb.org

No comments:

Post a Comment